Python recovering after ingesting teddy bear

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

Python Recovering After Ingesting Teddy Bear

Some snakes aren't all that discriminating when it comes to what they eat—just as long as they get it down the hatch.

SEE ALSO: Dunkin' Donuts to target Starbucks customers after loyalty scheme shake-up

Just ask the carpet python in Australia that recently had to undergo surgery after swallowing a small teddy bear.

According to a Facebook post by Reptile Relocation And Awareness, volunteers at The Vet Lounge in Upper Coomera, Queensland extracted the stuffed bear from the reptile's body.

It's believed the bear would have become impacted in the snake's intestines, ultimately causing it to starve or suffer from infection.

The bear was removed intact and washed after the surgery. Both are said to be doing fine.

More from AOL.com:
Mark Wahlberg's tiny burger chain is about to blow up
Another Yelp worker blasts company for treatment of employees
McDonald's slogans over the last five decades



Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners