Family of 6 dead in Michigan, carbon monoxide suspected

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Family Dies of CO Poisoning

(Reuters) - A family of six was found dead inside a Michigan home and officials said on Sunday they believed carbon monoxide was to blame.

Four children, aged between 2 and 11-years-old, were among the dead who were found in separate rooms of the Fenton Township house, Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell told reporters on Sunday.

SEE ALSO: 6 killed in Michigan shootings; suspect was Uber driver

"It's very difficult," Pickell said in a recording of the on-site news conference published online by local broadcaster WJRT. "No matter how many investigations you conduct, seeing young children and an entire family wiped out is a very, very sad thing."

He said the family seemed to have a generator running in the house, some 50 miles (80 km) northwest of Detroit, after a power outage in the area on Friday. He said the husband's father was the one who called police on Sunday.

He said an investigation was underway.

More from AOL.com:
1 missing as small plane crashes off New York's Long Island
Edward Snowden will return to US if guaranteed 'fair trial'
There were already 27 mass shootings in 2016

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners