Cocktail of the Week: Love Potion #9 Martini
It's Friday and let's face it, the only question we're currently asking ourselves is "where are the drinks?" From margaritas to wine, we can't wait to ditch our desks and head to the nearest cocktail, wherever that may be. So today, in honor of the upcoming weekend -- we've got a delicious cocktail just for you that is sure to wipe away all your workweek blues.
Allow us to introduce you to the Love Potion #9 Martini (Triple Berry Martini)
Photo: Cookie Rookie
Not only does it make for the perfect end to a long week, but it's insanely delicious and it's great to make for Valentine's Day, as well! Talk about the perfect mix of sweet and saucy! Here's how to make it, thanks to The Cookie Rookie.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) strawberry vodka (I love Strawberry Basil Vodka from Pearl)
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 small chunks dry ice (READ HOW TO SAFELY HANDLE DRY ICE HERE) (optional)
- 2 strawberries cut into hearts, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, and Chambord. Shake to combine.
- Place 1 chunk dry ice into the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the martini over the a very small piece of dry ice.
- Garnish with skewered strawberry hearts if desired. Pretty cute :)
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the dry ice to dissolve (and enjoy the fun show!) before drinking.
- NOTE: DO NOT ingest the dry ice cubes. wait until they have dissolved before sipping.
More food and drink:
Spiced pear gin fizz!
Goat cheese and walnut toast
10 delicious cocktails to make for you and your sweetheart