Americans will eat 1.3 billion wings on Super Bowl Sunday

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Americans Will Eat 1.3 Billion Wings on Super Bowl Sunday

BY: BUZZ60

The National Chicken Council released their 2016 Wing Report and it claims we're going to be eating a LOT of wings during Superbowl 50: 1.3 billion. That's BILLION with a B. No word on how many pounds of celery and carrots will be wasted in the process.

According to the Wing Report, only 25% of these wings will come from the grocery store. The other 75% will be coming from restaurants and caterers. Which makes sense, since wings are a Super Bowl staple and it's hard to make a whole lot of them yourself.

The 2015 wing report had us eating only 1.25 billion wings. So Americans are stepping up their wing game this year, bringing 39 million more wings to the table this year. Literally bringing them to the table.

In case you need some help wrapping your head around that number, the National Chicken Council has you covered. 1.3 billion chicken wings is enough for every single person in the country to have 4 wings each. It's also enough to put at least 600 wings on all the seats in all 32 NFL stadiums. And if you were to weigh all of those wings, they'd come out to about 162.5 million pounds... which is probably about how much you're going to feel you weigh by the end of Sunday night.

Also check out these fun dips for your Super Bowl party:

7 PHOTOS
Every layer dips for the Super Bowl
See Gallery
Americans will eat 1.3 billion wings on Super Bowl Sunday

Five-Layer Reuben Dip

These five layers are inspired by a favorite dinner sandwich; we love to serve this with rye bread toasts or crackers for an extra boost of caraway. Make this dip the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.

Get the recipe: Five-Layer Reuben Dip

Six Layers and a Chip Dip

Serve a Mexican-inspired dip that's layered with both black beans and pinto beauns, along with chopped lettuce, avocados and shredded cheese. 

Get the recipe: Six Layers and a Chip Dip

Seven-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip

Squeezing out the vegetables before you assemble this dip removes any extra moisture, ensuring your layers stay in place.  Make this dip the day before an refrigerate to save time on game day.

Get the recipe: Seven-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip

Eight-Layer Chicken Chili Dip

The work of layering pays off with this delicious (and beautiful) Tex-Mex-inspired crowd-pleaser. Make this dip the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.

Get the recipe: Eight-Layer Chicken Chili Dip

Nine-Layer Cheeseburger Dip

This dip is nine layers of deliciousness and really delivers on its namesake. Your partygoers won't believe how much it tastes like the real thing! Make this dip the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.

Get the recipe: Nine-Layer Cheeseburger Dip

Ten-Layer Chicago Dog Dip

All the usual suspects on a Chicago dog are found in this crowd-pleasing layered dip. If you can't find sport peppers in your area, try pepperoncini instead. Make this dip the day before and refrigerate to save time on game day.

Get the recipe: Ten-Layer Chicago Dog Dip

of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE
SHOW CAPTION +
HIDE CAPTION

More from AOL.com:
Kid has a brutally honest answer to a ridiculous assignment
McDonald's Happy Meals will come with books instead of toys
Taco Bell taking orders for mystery item without disclosing what it is

Read Full Story

Sign up for Best Bites by AOL and receive delicious recipes delivered to your inbox daily!

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

People are Reading

Search Recipes