Mother and baby killed by carbon monoxide as father cleared snow from car

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Mom and Baby Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning While Dad Clears Snow

PASSAIC, N.J. — A mother and an one-year-old child died from carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday after officials say the tailpipe of their car became covered in snow.

Police say the 23-year-old mother and her two children had taken shelter from the cold inside the family's car on Sherman Avenue while the father worked to shovel out the snow.

SEE ALSO: Georgia lottery winner shot to death in home invasion

The mother and her son, 1, were transferred to St. Mary's Hospital, where they were pronounced dead.

A 3-year-old girl is in grave condition and has been transferred to St. Joseph's Medical Center in Paterson.

More on AOL.com:
Disturbing note found after fatal overdose leads cops to dealer
Man arrested for forcing girlfriend to walk naked down NYC sidewalk
Teen severely burned after huffing gasoline
Read Full Story

People are Reading