Goat cheese and walnut toast is exactly what crunchy, creamy dreams are made of
If you're anything like us, then you can't deny that savory and rich are two things that embody a "perfect" meal. And if this is the case, then we have a recipe for you that is about to knock the socks off you and all your guests for any get-together. If you've never tried goat cheese and walnut toast, then we can genuinely admit that you have NO IDEA what you're missing.
When we say your tastebuds will be jumping for joy after the first bite, we mean it! From the abundance of flavors to the creamy AND crunchy textures, this is unlike any other toast you've ever had.
Photo: Make It Like a Man!
Whether you're making this quick and easy meal for brunch or a snack -- you're guaranteed to absolutely love it. Here's how to make it thanks to our friends over at Make It Like a Man!
- 2 oz. walnuts
- ¾ oz. pecans
- ½ oz. brown sugar (about 1 Tbs)
- 2½ oz. maple syrup (about 4 Tbs)
- A few pinches of anise seed
- 4 slices of really good bread
- 4¼ oz. fresh goat cheese
- 1 oz. heavy cream (about 2 Tbs)
- Get your nuts nice and toasty . This can be done in the oven, or on the stovetop.
In a saucepan over a moderately high flame, heat the sugar, syrup, anise, and a few pinches of salt. Once it comes to a boil, stir to dissolve the sugar. Then add the nuts and continue cooking for 3 minutes, over lowest flame, to keep the bubbles on the somewhat gentle side.
- Pour the mixture onto a plate and spread the nuts into a single layer. Use a spatula to get every last bit of the ooey, gooey goodness onto the plate. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Go bold and get the bread deeply toasted. Lightly butter the slices.
- Use the paddle attachment on your stand mixer to beat the goat cheese and the cream until it becomes light and airy – about three minutes on medium/medium-high speed. (This is very much the same as creaming butter and sugar for cake, producing a similar texture.) Spread the mixture on the buttered toasts.
- Take a fork to your nuts. Break them up. Chop them if you wish, you masochist. Sprinkle nuts onto the cheesy toasts, and add a last pinch of salt.
RELATED: 10 smart kitchen gadgets:
More mouthwatering food:
An apple cinnamon french toast recipe for the most delicious brunch ever
Make this 30-minute turkey tetrazzini for a cozy date night in
These mini avocado and hummus quesadillas make for the perfect party appetizer