6 makeup primers that'll make skin look perfect in photos
Whether you prefer a natural look or love to experiment with statement makeup, you should always use primer.
Primers give you a good base for your makeup and make sure your skin looks photo-ready at all times. They prep your skin and disguise imperfections, so the rest of your makeup can enhance your natural beauty.
SEE ALSO: The 10 best-selling lipsticks of all time
It's easy to see why primers can have such a big impact on your look -- but surprisingly, many still don't integrate it into their daily routine. If you are new to primer, don't worry! We have all you need to know about six of the top primers!
Find out which one is right for you:
1. BareMinerals Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel: If you have acne prone skin, this wonder product does double duty by fighting acne and absorbing oil so your skin will stay matte all day long. Shop it here.
2. Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener: This primer keeps skin matte and camouflages pores. Shop it here.
3. BECCA Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector: For a cheaper version of a matte primer that will erase pores, try this product. Best of all, it lasts up to 12 hours. Shop it here.
4. NYX Studio Perfect Primer: This Smashbox-esque primer keeps your skin matte and flawless, so your makeup will spread evenly. Shop it here.
5. YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer: If you have dry skin and you'd like a little glow, this one's for you. It has light-reflecting properties to make your skin radiate while blurring imperfections. Shop it here.
6. Kate Somerville 'Prime Protection' Dual Action Primer: If your go-to face moisturizer doesn't include SPF, make sure your primer does! This version includes SPF 15 and anti-aging ingredients like shiitake extract to protect your skin and smooth fine lines, instead of just covering them up. Shop it here.
Here's to having skin so flawless with these primers, that you don't need a filter on Instagram! And for more great products, check out our new shop!
RELATED: The best buys from the Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale:
More from AOL.com:
Why prickly pear is the hottest new skin care ingredient
6 beauty products to combat that afternoon slump
3 makeup tricks that completely hide signs of fatigue in 2 minutes or less