Girl dies after suffering extremely 'rare allergic reaction' to technology

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Wi-Fi Allergy Compelled A 15-Year Old To Commit Suicide?


When teenager Jenny Fry was found hanging from a tree on June 11, people were shocked. No one could figure out how or why the girl decided to end her life. However, her mother says her daughter's death wasn't a suicide, but an allergy to technology.

An inquest recently determined that the 15-year-old died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to WiFi.

The teen was suffering from electro-hypersensitivity (EHS), which left her with brutal headaches, fatigue and bladder problems, according to The Mirror.

Her mother, Debra, told The Mirror that the symptoms were brought on by her school's wireless internet connections.

Although there are no medical notes to determine whether the teenage actually suffered from the disorder, her mother said Jenny began displaying signs of EHS nearly three years prior to her death.

The mother added that although the family had removed the wireless connection from their homes, it was still being used at the 15-year-old's school in Oxfordshire.



Debra added that these led to her daughter, "receiving lots of detentions, not for being disruptive in class or misbehaving, but often because she used to take herself out of the classroom to find another where she was able to work."

Despite the multiple "heated" exchanges the mother had with her teachers about Jenny's allergy, she said the school refused to cooperate.



"The least they could do was allow her to take them in rooms where she felt able to concentrate, but they wouldn't listen," Debra added.

The mother insists her daughter was "not suicidal" and that Jenny's death was "a cry for help."

Now, Jenny's parents are campaigning for all schools and nurseries to be removed of WiFi. They are urging all schools and government to research EHS.



"I am not against a bit of technology but I do feel schools should be aware that some children are going to be sensitive to it and reduce its use," the mother explained further.


Watch the hear how one woman successfully sued to have her WiFi allergy recognized as a medical disorder in French court:
Woman 'Allergic to Wifi' Granted Disability Allowance


More from AOL.com:
Police: Mom drugged newborn to stop it from crying
This easily scared dog is the real life version of Scooby-Doo
11-year-old girl helps deliver mom's baby before going to school

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners