This awesome trick for cooking bacon will give it the perfect texture and virtually no splatter
With so many tricks for cooking bacon, it's hard to determine what really works. Don't get us wrong, we love bacon no matter how it's cooked (who doesn't?), but there are certain hacks that make our lives a whole lot easier. Sure, you've probably heard of cooking bacon in the microwave for a faster cooking time, but have you ever heard of cooking it in WATER?
We know what you're thinking -- this sounds a little strange, right? But while you've been busy making bacon in oil or butter, those making it in water have dramatically upped their bacon cooking skills! Not only does this method give your bacon the perfect crispy texture, but it significantly decreases it's spattering.
Here's how it works:
- Place bacon in a cold skillet on the stove and turn heat to high
- Add enough water to cover bacon slices
- When the water reaches a boil, turn heat to medium
- Once fat from bacon has almost completely rendered, turn the heat to medium-low
- Lastly, let the bacon get crispy! Since it's been cooked in water, it won't get took or cook unevenly.
Related: Watch below to learn how to make pumpkin spiced candied bacon:
Even more delicious bacon recipes below:
More on AOL.com:
Hacks for carving pumpkins to make this Halloween the most fun yet
Keep your food fresh longer with these brilliant hacks
These adorable Halloween spiders are the perfect healthy snack