Man collapses after biting into popular McDonald's menu item

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Man Says His McMuffin Made Him A Little McSick


A 32-year-old father-of-four collapsed after eating a McDonald's McMuffin. Upon taking a few bites, the man realized that the popular restaurant item contained green mold. He soon collapsed with food poisoning and was forced to take an ambulance to the hospital.

Alan Evans became violently ill after taking only a few bites of the egg McMuffin. When he noticed the mold in his sandwich, he immediately stopped eating it. However, he began to feel sick within a few hours. He was bedridden with a horrible case of food poisoning for five days after the fact.



Evans' partner, Amanda Seaford, 28, called the ambulance after it became apparent that Evans was extremely ill. Doctors diagnosed Evans with food poisoning and gave him antibiotics, anti-sickness tablets and an anti-fungal medicine. Evans said:

Evans went on to say that he was angry with the McDonald's staff's response to the incident. While they offered him a free meal (which he will undoubtedly decline after the food poisoning), they did not offer his money back. A spokesperson for McDonald's said that the company is investigating the situation. In a statement, he said:



Better take a look inside your egg McMuffin before biting into it from now on!

Watch this video to learn about what the egg McMuffin is meant to be:

Get 'Real' Eggs With This McDonald's Breakfast Item

More from AOL.com:
13-year-old girl dies from bacterial infection linked to tampons after doctors misdiagnose her
Little girl just wants parents to get along in adorable viral video
92-year-old man sings sweet love song to dying wife

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners