USC vs. Arizona State Score, Recap & Analysis
USC vs. Arizona StateFinal Score: USC 42, at Arizona State 14
1. USC roared out to a 35-0 halftime lead as ASU shot itself in the foot on two key drives. Cody Kessler threw five touchdown passes including two to JuJu Smith-Schuster from four and ten yards out in the second quarter. The D made it a laugher as Chris Hawkins recovered a fumble and took it 94 yards for a touchdown and a 28-0 lead.
2. ASU finally got on the board late in the third on the first of two Demario Richard touchdown runs, but USC wasn't in trouble. Kessler found Isaac Whitney for a ten-yard touchdown pass in the fourth.
3. USC only outgained ASU by one yard – 455 yards to 454.
USC- Cody Kessler completed 19-of-33 passes for 375 yards and five touchdowns with a pick.
- Adoree Jackson caught three passes for 131 yards and a score, and JuJu Smith-Schuster caught five passes for 103 yards and two scores.
- Penalties: USC 10 for 91 yards – Arizona State 2 for 25 yards.
Arizona State- Mike Bercovici completed 23-of-44 passes for 272 yards and a pick.
- Demario Richard ran 14 times for 131 yards and two touchdowns.
- Arizona State turnovers: 4, USC: 2