Rutgers vs. Kansas Score, Recap & Analysis
Rutgers vs. KansasFinal Score: Rutgers 27, Kansas 14
1. Rutgers got a ray of sunshine in its dark season with a relatively easy win. Chris Laviano threw two first half touchdown passes, and Josh Hicks ran for two scores on the way to a 27-7 lead in the third.
2. Down 14-0, Kansas got on the board with a two-yard Ke'aun Kinner touchdown run. Kinner would also score from one-yard out in the third, but the Jayhawks couldn't get closer than 13 the rest of the way.
3. Rutgers converted 8-of-12 third down chances and outgained the Jayhawks 513 yards to 342.
Rutgers- Chris Laviano completed 18-of-25 passes for 201 yards and two scores, and ran for 44 yards on eight carries.
- Josh Hicks ran 21 times for 113 yards and two scores, and Robert Martin ran 17 times for 102 yards.
- Star DT Darius Hamilton is out for the year with a leg injury.
Kansas- De'Andre Mann ran five times for 40 yards, while Ke'aun Kinner ran 15 times for 23 yards and two scores.
- Montrell Cozart completed 13-of-18 passes for 193 yards.
- Kansas was only flagged four times for 46 yards, but they were costly. Rutgers was nailed ten times for 80 yards.