5 mind-blowing microwave tricks you seriously need in your life
When it comes to cooking, we all know the microwave is an easy go-to. It often means very little clean up, a shorter cooking time and not to mention, a heck of a lot less hassle than baking in the oven or cooking on the stove. So, the big question remains -- why don't we simply cook everything in the microwave?
Well, the truth is, some things are actually better off made in the oven or on the stove. Whether it be for the taste or the quality of the food, let's face it -- not EVERYTHING is right for the microwave. Despite this fact however, there are certain microwaveable items that you were probably completely oblivious to.
SEE ALSO: This self-freezing soda trick is exactly what you need to impress at any party
That's right, microwave hacks are real and seriously awesome. So, if you're looking for easy ways to cook some of your favorite dishes, we've got your back! From bacon made in a flash to DIY popcorn -- we have a few microwave tricks just for you that will completely blow your mind and change your life. Take a look below and prepare to be floored.
1) Crispy taco shells
- Grab 2 mugs, 2 soft tortillas and a microwave-safe plate.
- Place tortillas inside mugs and microwave for 1 minute.
- Take out newly soft tortillas and toss in any meat, veggies, etc. you please in your taco. Delish!
- You'll need milk and a mason jar.
- Pour milk into mason jar and cover with cap, then shake for 30 seconds.
- Watch that foam rise and pour into coffee for the perfect Starbucks substitute!
- Grab some fruit, a microwaveable-safe plate and a juicer.
- Microwave fruit for 10-20 seconds.
- Take fruit out of the microwave and JUICE, JUICE, JUICE.
- For this one, you'll need bacon, a microwaveable-safe plate and some paper towels.
- Wrap the bacon in the paper towels and place in microwave.
- Cook 1 minute per slice and presto -- crispy bacon goodness!
- Make sure you have a paper bag and popcorn kernels
- Place half a cup of kernels in the bag and fold the top over in a few times
- Microwave for 3 minutes and you've got a perfectly tasty snack
Dying for more microwave hacks? See the video below for even more life-changing food fixes you'll love:
More on AOL.com:
This watermelon trick is exactly what you need for Labor Day
3-year-old boy has adorable interaction with Texas cops
Man saves his kids, his meal, and gives the most epic interview of all time