22-year-old man gets trapped in a washing machine for 3 hours

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...

Fire fighters working to extract the patient from the washing machine

Posted by Bankstown Fire and Rescue on Sunday, August 16, 2015


While we hear the occasional story about toddlers and young children finding themselves trapped in washing machine, it isn't quite as common for a 22-year-old man to become inescapably trapped inside the popular household item.

That's why firefighters were shocked to find a 22-year-old Australian man wedged inside the top loader of his home washing machine. He was stuck in the loader for at least three hours. The reason the man got trapped in the machine is unclear, although we can't help but assume the story behind the incident is one for the books.

Fire fighters working to extract the patient from the washing machine

Posted by Bankstown Fire and Rescue on Sunday, August 16, 2015


The group that rescued the man, NSW Fire and Rescue, were so surprised by the incident that they posted the absurd photos to their Facebook page. They wrote:

"Recently the crew from D Platoon were turned out to a rescue incident in which a person had become trapped in a front loader washing machine. Upon arrival the crew was informed that the patients' legs had been entrapped in the washing machine for at least 3 hours. This job was interesting as the crew had not performed a washing machine rescue before however under direction from Station Officer David Cross the crew implemented a plan to extract the patient by disassembling the washing machine."


The man was forced to remain still as the rescue team dismantled the entire washing machine. We can just imagine his face growing red with embarrassment as the men worked to free him from the loader. NSW wrote on their Facebook page:

"Once the exterior of the washing machine had been removed fire fighters had to cut away the stainless steel drum to remove the patient from the washing drum."


While the man suffered a lot of cramping after being released, he was not seriously injured.


Fire fighters working to extract the patient from the washing machine

Posted by Bankstown Fire and Rescue on Sunday, August 16, 2015

The End Result 1 Patient removed from washing machine1 Washing machine disassembled

Posted by Bankstown Fire and Rescue on Sunday, August 16, 2015


Watch this video to see how dangerous it is to be trapped in a washing machine:

5-Year-Old Airlifted To Hospital After Getting Trapped In Washing Machine


More from AOL.com:
Man and his much younger girlfriend arrested for locking his son in a car during dinner date
84-year-old man arrested for dumping a bowl of urine on a teenager
A man's ear was bitten off by another person in mid-air on a plane
Read Full Story

People are Reading