Top 10 summer hairstyles to copy right now
- L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Hair Stylist, Mara Roszak once told us “people are always impressed by braids,” a tip we took to heart. We’ll be practicing our plaits until this intricately woven headband is perfect. One thing to remember: Braids are easier to manage with day-old hair. If you have a fresh blow out, a firm hold hairspray will add just the right amount of grit.
The Lob, or long bob, is gaining major notoriety for its versatility. Not too long or too short (you can still pull into a ponytail), this cut looks good styled up, down, curly, or straight.
Already rocking the Lob? Give your look a summertime facelift with vibrant ombré tips.
- Curly-haired girls will love this off-kilter updo. Instead of striving for a symmetrical bun and starting from scratch every time one ringlet pops out of place, the beauty of this style is in its subtle imperfections. That said, we still recommend defining your natural waves with a curl-taming cream.
We love tousled tresses for a day in the sand, but when it comes time to ditch your swimsuit in favor of stilettos, we’re all about blending in a few strategically placed man-made curls.
The must-haves: A great texturizing spray and a wide barrel curling iron.
- A low, braided ponytail often skews sporty, but this one, with its deep side part and relaxed weave, feels both effortless and fancy. For a frizz-free part, prep your hair with a lightweight oil serum before rough-drying and smooth with a round bristle brush.
- Perfect for an updo novice, this tousled day-to-night 'do' is a cinch. Pull your strands into a ponytail at the nape of your neck and tease the ends. Spritz with a strong hold hairspray to finish.
- We plan to make this softer take on a prima donna knot our summer go-to. Use a straightening iron to create pin-straight strands and tie them into a ponytail that sits just below the crown. Next, swirl the ponytail and pin it in place. For an ultra laid-back look, pull out a few face-framing layers and leave them loose around the temples.
- Master weavers will love this sleek take on the milkmaid braid. It’s the perfect updo to try after a swim or a shower. Just braid your wet strands into pigtails, wrap upwards, and pin. Curly-haired girls should start by prepping their strands with a frizz-vanishing styling cream.
- The pixie cut is not only adorable -- it’s also the easiest way to beat the heat. Apply texturizing putty to your ends to make sure every strand stays put.
- This more intricate take on the traditional braid is a great way to show off your ombré hair. Once you’ve intertwined your pony, secure your strands with a mini elastic hairband, and spritz with hairspray to keep your work of art intact.
From beachy waves to intricate braids and sleek updos, here are the absolute best beat-the-heat hairstyles.
Click through the gallery above to see all 10!