A 3-year-old girl was crushed to death by a fireplace in her home
When a stone fireplace in a Morecambe, Lancashire home collapsed on Friday afternoon, 3-year-old Chanel Garner was crushed in the accident. She was rushed to Alder Hey Hospital in Liverpool, but died around 7pm.
The sweet little girl was possibly the most avid fan of Disney's "Frozen." Her third birthday party was even themed after the hit film. In a Facebook post, Chanel's father, 26-year-old Aaron Garner, wrote:
"My beautiful baby girl daddy and mummy will love you always xxx."
Police reported that there are no suspicious circumstances with regard to Chanel's death. Joe Stone, the family's 28-year-old neighbor, recalled the chaotic aftermath of the incident. He said:
"It all kicked off on Friday night when all these sirens started pulling up outside. I didn't have a clue what was going on, just that it had to be something major. They came one-by-one and were all parked up outside the house. I don't know the family well but when I heard what had happened, I couldn't believe it. It's a real tragedy, especially when she was so young."
On a fundraising page set up to help pay for Chanel's funeral, family friend Chantelle Watson wrote:
"Chanel lost her life in the most sudden and unexpected tragic accident. Shock and sorrow has hit her family and everyone who's even heard about this horrific situation. At only 3 years old, she brought smiles and joy to anyone she met and heaven is so, so lucky to have her."
After just one day, the page had raised almost $2,000.
Watch this video for tips on how to make sure your fireplace is as safe as possible:
More from AOL.com:
Unborn twin has been growing inside this woman for 45 years
Short woman stabbed her boyfriend with a knife for making fun of her height
This guy got an awesome rejection letter after applying to Hogwarts