Back to school: 8 ways to keep your family healthy from germs
Back to school, or back to the germ fest? Here are some tips to keep you and your kids healthy all year long:
1. Wash your hands for longer than you think. Use warm water, soap and lather for the time it takes to sing happy birthday twice.
2. Hand sanitizer is awesome when on the go.
SEE ALSO: Which colleges rank the best when it comes to students and community service?
3. Sharing is nice. Sharing germs is not. Tell kids not to share bottles, food or personal items.
4. Get a flu shot.
5. Teach kids to cough and sneeze into the crease of their elbow.
6. And if your kids are sick, keep them home.
7. Kids can keep their immune systems strong by getting plenty of sleep every night and eating a well-balanced diet.
8. Wash and sanitize kids' toys, wipe down books, and disinfect play areas .
Here's to a healthy and safe school year!
Back to school supplies inspiration:
For more back-to-school content, click here, and check out our #BTSselfiesweeps for the chance to win the ultimate back-to-school prize pack!
More on AOL.com:
50 adorably charming pets that are ready for back to school
Better sleep before back to school
9 must-have products for the new school year