'Rewind' singer passes out on plane for wearing 12 layers of clothing to avoid excess baggage
This 19-year-old member of Scottish boy band "Rewind" just experienced the epitome of karma. After trying to pull one over on EasyJet, nature decided to take him down a peg with this cruel punishment.
When the band tried to board an EasyJet flight from Stansted to Glasgow, James McElvar was told that he had too much luggage. He was given the option to pay extra or ditch his excess clothes. He went with option three: put on all of the excess clothes.
McElvar got on the plane sporting six T-shirts, four jumpers, three pairs of jeans, two pairs of jogging shorts, two jackets and two hats. What? He was chilly!
Apparently the plane was a bit stuffier than the airport, so McElvar tried to remove some of his layers. Unfortunately, he was told he couldn't get out of his seat to remove the clothes until the plane was in the air.
By the time the plane got in the air, McElvar was heating up. He told his manager that he wasn't feeling well, so the cabin crew moved him to an empty row in the back of the plane. They provided McElvar with a plastic bin, which McElvar completely disregarded when he suddenly began to violently vomit. With the back row covered in McElvar's lunch, the cabin crew moved him to a seat in the middle of the plane. He then passed out in the aisle.
"It was a nightmare. I passed out twice and was taken off the plane at Glasgow Airport to a waiting ambulance. I knew something was wrong early on as I just couldn't breathe properly. I thought I was having a heart attack."
We're glad McElvar didn't have a heart attack and that he recovered quickly and safely. Note to all plane-frequenters: don't overpack! You don't want to be stuck deciding between paying an obscene fine, losing your clothes, or passing out from heat exhaustion. The struggle is real.
Watch this video to learn more about heat exhaustion:
This man's adorable dog saves his life on a daily basis
USWNT ticker-tape parade brings NYC to its feet
Inspirational homeless boy uses McDonalds light to do homework