12-year-old Auburn boy in serious condition after sparkler bomb explodes in his face

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
12-Year-Old In Serious Condition After Sparkler Bomb Explodes In His Face

AUBURN — A 12-year-old boy who suffered burns over 25 percent of his body during a fireworks mishap was listed in serious condition Wednesday at Seattle's Harborview Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.

The boy, Jordan Bernstine, suffered second-degree burns at about 7:35 p.m. Tuesday near a fireworks stand in the 2600 block of Auburn Way South in Auburn, Valley Regional Fire Authority officials said.

Witnesses said a firework called a sparkler bomb exploded in his face as he was holding it.

Crews encouraged individuals to attend professional fireworks shows, given the dry condition and dangers of fireworks.

Here's a breakdown of the types of injuries that people sustained during last year's fourth of July weekend:

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners