Woman bites into Krispy Kreme doughnut, gets nasty surprise

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Woman Bites Into Krispy Kreme Doughnut with Latex Glove Inside


Glasgow, United Kingdom — A woman who purchased a Krispy Kreme doughnut got a little more than she paid for.

When Ria Findlay bit into a caramel doughnut, she also took a bite of a latex glove. Findlay told The Mirror this was her first doughnut with filling inside.

"As it was my first, I was discussing flavors of the filling with my colleague next to me," she said. "It was like: 'Oooh there's caramel, and cream and oh what's this blue stuff?'"

Findlay and her friend eventually realized the "blue stuff" was actually a latex glove.

"Being 7 months pregnant, my gag reflex was in overload," Findlay told The Mirror.

Findlay also posted a photo of the doughnut on Instagram where Krispy Kreme UK posted a response:

"Hi Ria, please accept our apologies. Please can you send full details over to us so we can investigate and liaise with you > helpdesk@krispykreme.co.uk. Our customer care team will be in touch with you tomorrow."

A Krispy Kreme UK spokeswoman also released a statement to The Mirror:

"We are extremely sorry to hear about this incident. We take our food hygiene very seriously and are currently conducting a full investigation into the matter.

Krispy Kreme has an exemplary food safety record and we endeavor to take care at all stages of our food production process to ensure that products are produced in a hygienic and safe manner.

Once our investigations are complete, we will write to the customer to advise her of our findings."

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

People are Reading