Teen dies after being electrocuted taking selfie atop train

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - A teenager has died after she was electrocuted while taking selfies atop a parked train in northeast Romania.

Anna Ursu, 18, was hospitalized in the St. Spiridon Hospital in the city of Iasi on Friday with severe burns after she apparently touched a high-voltage wire above the train, which was parked in Iasi. A friend was also hospitalized in the St. Maria hospital with slight injuries, hospital spokesman Lucian Cernahonschi Wednesday.

Ursu was transferred to the Bucharest Burns Hospital where she died on Sunday.

Anisia Iliescu at the hospital's emergency department on Wednesday it was impossible to save the girl. "Her whole body was burned," Iliescu said.

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners