Homemade remedy: Flu-fighting elixir
The flu rarely hits full blown in my house. It rather lingers just enough to slow us down for a weeks, than actually stick us in bed for a day or two. The second I feel it coming on, I whip up my flu-fighting elixir. It's no joke. This stuff is potent. This elixir is full of vitamin C, antibacterial properties and antiviral benefits. I'm talking pineapple, ginger, garlic! A sure kick-start for your immune system.
Keep a breath mint close by.INGREDIENTS:
- 4 large carrots, scrubbed clean
- 1 apple of your choice- cored, I like to use fuji
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, potency level entirely up to you
- 1 navel orange
- 1/2 cored and peeled pineapple
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- Use juicer to extract juice in the following order: carrots, apple, orange, pineapple and then ginger and garlic together.
Travel | 36 hours in Rome
Marsala madness | 1 color, 2 Looks
Dry skin toner