Raspberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 9 | Prep Time: 10 mins | 40 mins
I like this coffee cake because it has a moist and light texture... and it's PINK!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Slightly adapted from Cora Lynn Wilson (more vanilla, raspberry jam instead of seedless preserves) Serves: 9 square pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×9 inch Pyrex baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Slowly mix in flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
- Dollop jam on top and then swirl through batter with a knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Slice into squares and serve.
For the full post, visit Garnish & Glaze.