Spinach Pesto Fusilli
- 8 oz baby spinach
- ¾ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- Place half the spinach in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add remaining spinach and pulse to chop. Add 1/2 cup pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper to the processor and puree.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Transfer pesto to a large bowl. If making in advance, cover pesto with light coating of olive oil and cover with plastic. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 6-8 minutes, or according to package instructions. Drain pasta and immediately toss with pesto.
- Serve pasta garnished with remaining pine nuts, grated Parmesan, and a drizzle of olive oil.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Pucker Up: 25 Ways to Get Sweet on Rhubarb
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
19 Easy Barbecue Recipes to Make This Season
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen