Simple & Clean Summer Spaghetti
This is a super simple summer dish that's light, full of flavor, and comes together in all of 15 minutes! There is barely any cooking required. I promise! Sure. These noodles don't look saucy... but they taste amazing and are absolutely perfect to end a hot summer day with.
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes (I used a mix.), halved
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz whole wheat or veggie spaghetti
- crumbled feta (optional)
- Toss the tomatoes into a medium bowl.
- Using clean hands or a potato masher, carefully smash the tomatoes to get some of their juices out.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for the pasta and give it all a stir.
- Set it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- This is a great time to cook your spaghetti noodles. Follow the package directions for al dente.
- Once the noodles are done, quickly drain them and toss them in a large bowl along with the tomato mixture.
- Divide evenly among four plates and serve immediately.
- Top with some crumbled feta if you're feeling feisty!
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.