Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Tomatoes
- 7 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp salt-packed capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ rounded teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb fresh orecchiette
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer breadcrumbs to a plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in pan over medium heat. Add anchovies, and stir until they dissolve into oil, about 1 minute. Add garlic and capers, and cook until garlic is golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, red-pepper flakes, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli rabe and pasta to pot, and cook until pasta is al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water, and drain pasta and broccoli rabe.
- Add pasta, broccoli rabe, and reserved pasta water to tomato mixture in pan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring gently, until combined and pasta water thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, and top with breadcrumbs.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Pucker Up: 25 Ways to Get Sweet on Rhubarb
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
19 Easy Barbecue Recipes to Make This Season
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen