Black Rice Stir-Fry
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz firm tofu, drained, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Coarse salt
- 1 Japanese eggplant, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts separated)
- ¼ head red cabbage, sliced (4 cups)
- ½ bunch purple kale, torn into 2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 cup cooked black rice (1 cup dry)
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Preheat a wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon oil, swirling to coat. Season tofu with salt and cook until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon oil and cook eggplant, stirring, until golden and tender, about 4 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add remaining tablespoon oil and cook ginger, garlic, and scallion whites, stirring, 1 minute. Add cabbage, kale, and 1/4 cup water and cook, stirring, until kale is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in rice. Once heated through, add tofu and eggplant. Stir in Sriracha and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Garnish with scallion greens.
More from Martha Stewart:
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Grilled Cheese Recipes for Grown-Ups
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen
Delicious Desserts in 15 Minutes or Less