Maple Pumpkin Muffins
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup pure maple syrup2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (or nuts or raisins or toffee bits)
- ½ cup chopped pecans Brown sugar for topping
Recipe adapted from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream the maple syrup and butter. Add eggs and blend. Add the pumpkin puree. Combine dry ingredients, and add alternately to the pumpkin puree with milk. Stir in cinnamon chips or toffee bits and nuts. Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Top each muffin with a generous helping of brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes and eat warm with butter. Don't forget to get autographs from the stars of the show.
For the full, post visit The Usual Bliss.