Warm Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad
I saw a recipe for a warm butternut squash salad a few years ago that looked phenomenal. But that gourd has dominated the winter soups, salads, and pastas and I'm officially squashed-out. Instead, I thought sweet potato would be perfect.
Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1-inch coins
- 15 oz canned chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ medium red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Coat baking sheet with olive oil. Place sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven and carefully flip each piece and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes until both sides are slightly brown. Test with a fork. If it's marshmallow-y and soft, it's done. Add salt and pepper.
- Cut up the sweet potato coins into 1 inch cubes. Combine the squash, chickpeas, and onion in a medium, microwave-safe mixing bowl. Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. Toss in the tahini dressing. Sprinkle parsley. Serve immediately.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place sesame seeds in food processor and grind until smooth. Add sesame oil, salt, and water. Process until fully blended. Transfer to small bowl. Mix in lemon juice and garlic powder and set aside.
(If you can find tahini paste, just use that, lemon juice, and garlic powder for the dressing).
For the full post, visit ragamuffinrecipes