Healthy Blueberry Muffins
By Eating Made EasyRead Full Story
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberry, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or a little oil and set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and orange juice. Stir in 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time until everything is incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries (if using frozen, toss the blueberries in 1 Tbsp flour before adding).
- Using an ice scream scoop or measuring cup, place an even amount of batter in each greased muffin cup. Sprinkle a tiny bit of sugar on top of each muffin, then place in oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove muffins to a cooling rack. Enjoy warm!