The Morning After Sandwich
By Grilled Cheese SocialRead Full Story
Serving Size: 1
Serving Size: 1
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 medium boiled egg
- ½ Tbsp sriracha
- 1 cup Casa Bolo Melange cheese or any other Wisconsin Gouda
- 2 pats of butter
- Whichever fromage you decide to use, make sure to grate it up and lay a nice hefty handful on top of one slice of bread.
- Then pile on half an avocado and eat the rest. Salt it. Right now.
- Eggy, eggy, eggy time. Crumble up one medium boiled egg and lay it on top. If you've never had an egg like this before, it's just like a hard boiled one but with a runnier center. You can do it by gently boiling the eggs for around 8 minutes. I like them better this way. Trust me, I think you will, too.
- Drizzle some sriracha all over it. Bathe it in sriracha. Do it.
- Slap on the rest of the cheese and lay a slice of bread on top and get ready for grilling.
- If your butter is soft then smear it on the bread and if it's not, then just put a dab in your grill pan and turn it to medium heat. Let it melt for a hot second and then add your sammie in. Wait 'til it gets all golden and crispy-looking and wait for the cheese to get gooey and then flip it! Remember to butter both sides, though. Duh. You know that. Why did I even mention it?
- Let it rest for a second, chug a glass of water, pop some advils, and put your sunglasses on. Maybe even put on some makeup. I don't know, whatever makes you feel better. When you come back, the sandwich should be cool enough to eat and the cheese should be the perfect temperature. Chow down my friends.