8 makeup tricks to slim your face
When it comes to makeup, dark shades recede, while light colors bring features forward. To use this idea to your advantage, you’ll need a contour color or matte bronzer one or two shades deeper than your skin tone and a luminous highlighter that’s a bit lighter than your complexion. You can use cream or powder textures, or a combination of the two. No matter which formula you choose, be sure to use a makeup brush to blend — streaky contour makeup is a major don’t.
- Create the illusion of thinner cheeks by applying your contour shade in a diagonal line from the center of your cheek to the ear. Make a slight “fish face” while you do this to figure out the perfect placement, and don’t forget to blend. The higher you place your contour shade, the sharper your cheekbones will look. Swipe highlighter across the tops of the cheekbones to really bring out the contour.
- Fake a thinner nose: swipe a contour powder down the sides of the bridge of your nose (stop before you get to the nostrils). Blend highlighter down the bridge of your nose in a vertical line.
- To never have a double chin in photos again, apply bronzer along your jawline to define the area. Blend the shade to create a seamless contour.
- Play up your eyes, and leave your lips natural with a tinted balm or gloss. Full lips can emphasize roundness on the face, but eyes made to look large with makeup will make the rest of the face appear smaller in comparison.
- Choose the right eyebrow shape. A higher, more pronounced arch helps balance out a round face by vertically stretching its appearance.
- Highlight the center of your face. Blend highlighter between your brows, on the bridge of the nose, on the Cupid’s bow above your upper lip and in the center of your chin. This technique will help bring these features forward to downplay the width of your face.
- Don’t forget your forehead! Blend your contour shade into the temples and around the hairline to emphasize the angles of your bone structure.
More from DailyMakeover:
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads
How to Wash Your Hair - The Right Way
The Top 15 Long Hairstyles
Anna Wintour's Net Worth: How Rich Is She Really?