10 fall hairstyles that look amazing on everyone
Wavy lobs, layered pixies, berry highlights...change up your look with one of the season's cutest, no-fuss fall haircuts and hairstyles.
- Get out the flatiron! Natural waves have ruled the red carpet for a few seasons, but expect the return of ultra-shiny, super-straight hair—seen here on Amanda Seyfried—for fall.
- The first iterations of ombre hair were wild and carefree. For autumn, the color fade is going elegant—as evidenced by Olivia Wilde's polished, high-shine take on the trend.
- Say goodbye to wispy bangs and ask your stylist for a thick fringe that dips slightly lower on the sides, like Taylor Swift's. It's luxurious, glamorous and the perfect way to show off fall's smoky shadows and colorful eyeliner.
- A-listers Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston made straight "lobs" the most-requested cut in recent months. Now a new crop of actresses, including Olivia Munn and Rebecca Hall, are giving medium-length hair their own, wavier, twist.
- Pink strands (whether dyed or clipped-in) were one of summer's biggest hair trends. For a sophisticated fall twist, try a few highlights in a rich shade of raspberry or cherry, à la Kerry Washington.
- Lots of long blonde layers can look a bit too Real Housewives…especially when extensions are thrown in the mix. Thicker sections, seen here on Kate Hudson, are more modern, but just as sexy.
- Trendy plaits, meet red-carpet updo! Braided crowns like Jennifer Lawrence's are a fresh choice in a sea of chignons and ballerina buns.
- A wide-barrel curling iron gives a chin-length bob uplift and movement—just askMad Men's Christina Hendricks.
Tight curls like Brandy's are making a resurgence on the red carpet, but this time around they're bouncier and less tightly controlled than the ringlets of recent years.
- Anne Hathaway's current 'do proves that shorn hair doesn't have to be severe. Sideswept bangs and face-framing layers make the style romantic, feminine and flattering to all face shapes. (Make sure your brows are just as beautifully groomed, since this style puts 'em under a spotlight!)
Click through the gallery to discover 10 hairstyles perfect for fall that look amazing on everyone!
More from iVillage:
30 days of fall street style inspiration
The best inexpensive beauty products
The best fall 2013 fashion trends