Florida man killed by wedding ring

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Florida Man Killed By Wedding Ring

A Florida man has died in a tragic accident while helping his in-laws.

Jason Ferguson, 33, was installing a dishwasher Thursday night when he was electrocuted. His brother and sister-in-law found him on his knees with his left arm behind the dishwasher, but he wasn't moving.

The two performed CPR until police officers arrived and rushed him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

According to WKMG, Ferguson was in a puddle of water when he asked his brother-in-law to turn the power back on.

After an investigation, officials have determined his wedding ring touched a copper wire that caused the electric shock.

Copper has caused a number of freak accidents in recent years. In 2012, a California man was killed while trying to steal copper wire from a utility pole with bolt cutters.

And last year, a man in Oregon died while attempting to rip out copper wire from an abandoned plywood mill.

Related Links:
Woman wearing 'I Love Crystal Meth' shirt busted for crystal meth
Arctic blast descends on Rockies, Upper Midwest
Man blames Delta Airlines for losing his dog

Read Full Story

People are Reading