DIY Daily: Halloween head waiter tray
- Crumple paper towels (about 10 sheets) and several swaths of gauze. Dip them in brewed coffee or tea to create a vintage and aged color. This will be used to cover the styrofoam head's surface and the tray.
- Allow the paper towel and gauze to dry in a setting where they wont be disturbed. This will create a distressed, wrinkly, and veiny appearance.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 tablespoon of corn syrup (or use Mod Podge glue), and 1 tablespoon of coffee. This will be used to adhere the materials onto the styrofoam head.
- Apply a thin coat of this mix onto the Styrofoam.
- Before it dries, uncrumple the paper towel and spread it over the section. Repeat until the surface is covered according to your desired look.
- Place the gauze on a tray and the head waiter in the center, or display him on a sideboard or buffet.
More DIY Daily:
4 alternatives to pumpkin carving
Punk-rock inspired pumpkins
A seasonal branch centerpiece