Contaminated sushi may have caused parasites to take over man's body

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon
Contaminated Sushi Caused Parasites To Take Over Man's Body

Well, I'm never eating sushi again, and you may not want to either after this story: There is a report claiming that a Chinese man nearly died when his entire body was taken over by tapeworms after he ate contaminated sashimi, or slices of raw fish. The man, said to be from the Guangdong Province, went to the hospital complaining of stomach pains and x-rays showed tiny parasites crawling throughout every inch of his body. Apparently his sashimi contained tapeworm eggs.

4 PHOTOS
Sushi causes crazy tapeworm problem?
See Gallery
Contaminated sushi may have caused parasites to take over man's body
of
SEE ALL
BACK TO SLIDE
SHOW CAPTION +
HIDE CAPTION

A doctor told a local news source the man likely suffers from cysticercosis, where tapeworms enter a person's bloodstream. It can be fatal if the parasite gets to the brain.

While we haven't been able to independently verify this story (which is disgusting), it's said doctors were able to remove the tapeworms (which are disgusting) and the man survived.

More on AOL:
Idaho woman recovering after being pinned by 2-ton boulder
Marine's mother accuses VA of covering up delays in care
Coffee expert reviews pumpkin spice lattes

Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners