22 unusual uses for pantyhose
- Bundle and store your blankets more easily by cutting the waistband off of pantyhose and using it as a big rubber band to wrap around your blankets!
- Give your photos an eerie, gauzy look by wrapping a layer of pantyhose over the lens, securing with a rubber band.
- Under couches and kitchen appliances can be really hard to dust, so just ball-up your old pantyhose and try attaching to the wooden end of your broom. You'll get a much further reach than your feather duster can offer!
- Try using you pantyhose as a type of sponge (but remove the toe section) when you want to exfoliate your face. They're effective but gentle! Just rinse with water, hang to dry, and you can reuse.
- Summer is right around the corner, and we know lots of kids love to catch fireflies at night! Trim a circle of pantyhose and wrap it over the top of the jar, making sure the bugs stay put but get plenty of air. That way they can be let go back into the wild!
- Keep your flower bulbs safe and organized by putting them in pantyhose over the winter.
- Keep deer out of your garden and flower beds by making little pouches of your hair (or even better, your dog's!) and dropping them under bushes and around your plants. Keep them small for visual purposes, but the scent will make deer steer clear of your precious flowers!
- Stretch a piece of pantyhose over your brush, and when you see hair start to build up, you can easily remove it! Just replace with another piece of hose.
- Keep your houseplants in good shape by preventing soil erosion. Line the pot with a strip of pantyhose, and it will allow excess water to run through without losing soil.
- Use balled-up pantyhose as a gentle scrubber for your pots and pans -- especially for sensitive non-stick pans!
- Make packing a breeze! To conserve space, roll your clothing, and then secure them by inserting the rolled up garment into a piece of pantyhose (cut each leg into multiple pieces). Keeps items tightly bound and organized.
- Get your pool even sparklier by using pantyhose stretched out to catch the smallest dirt particles in the water. Try stretching them over a tennis racket or even as an added filter over the fancy pool cleaner you already have.
- Create little pouches to hold potpourri to put in your drawers and other places around the house. Pantyhose are perfect because they allow for airflow and maximum scent, without allowing dry flower particles to get on your clothes.
- If you hate the feeling of cotton balls or are looking for a more sustainable way to remove polish from your nails, try using your old pantyhose! They work even better than cotton balls or cotton rounds, and you can reuse them. Just rinse it out, and let dry.
- Sanding some wood for a project? Test the surface before you paint to check for snags -- never fear, your pantyhose will definitely catch on even the tiniest splinter!
- Use pantyhose to buff and shine your shoes. You can even try it for shining up any dull metals around your house such as a table lamp.
- By adding a tiny patch of pantyhose to the bottom of the straw in your spray bottles, you prevent particles getting up and clogging the nozzle. This is ideal for plant sprays that might have sediment in them!
- Did a snag in your old friend causing him to lose stuffing? Did the dog mistake your child's favorite friend as her own toy? Substitute pantyhose to fill up the extra space, and sew him back up to be good as new!
- Tie up your tomato plants with strips of pantyhose to keep them off the ground. This will prevent bruising and hungry critters from eating them before you get to!
- If you have a few pairs that are ripped or torn, don't throw them away! You can layer them in winter time (under pants or leggings so that no one will see the pulls) to add some warmth.
- Sometimes there are hard to reach places - such as crevices and corners - that you just can't seem to reach. Use pantyhose dipped in the stain to get in every nook and cranny!
- Make the search for lost small objects quick and easy: cover the edge of your vacuum's hose with a layer of pantyhose (or two, if you want to be really safe) and run the vacuum all over the ground. Voila! You should have your lost earring attached the the hose in no time.
- Curious about more unusual uses for common items? Click through to see 19 fascinating ways to use Vaseline!
1. Soften dry or cracked elbows suffering from winter's lack of moisture.
- 2. Struggle with your nail polish bottles? Put a little Vaseline under the cap and make your next mani/pedi a breeze!
3. Never get lipstick on your teeth again! Put a little Vaseline on your teeth and keep them pearly white. This is a technique often used by beauty contestants.
4. To prevent streaks if you are heading out for a spray tan, rub on the backs of ankles, knees and hands to stop those tan lines. Keep that glow going during winter months!
5. Make those eyelashes grow! Put a little Vaseline on your lashes at night, and watch them lengthen - no prescription necessary.
6. Maintain your perfume scent: if you rub a little Vaseline on your wrists and neck, it'll help your perfume stick around.
7. Beat split ends between trims: rub a dab of Vaseline between your fingers, then touch up your ends. Be careful not to use too much!
8. Have a big interview tomorrow? Use some Vaseline to touch up your scuffed boots or heels, making them look good as new!
9. Prevent those embarrassing hair dye stains on your forehead: Softly dab all over your hairline and keep that box hair dye from dying your skin the color of your new 'do.
10. Soothe dry skin after shaving.
11. Smear on your face and neck for softer skin! But be cautious if you have super sensitive skin, we've been told it does not clog pores, but you know your own skin better than anyone else.
12. Use as an exfoliant: just add some sea salt, and scrub away in the shower. You'll come out feeling silky and refreshed!
13. Do you ever struggle putting in your earrings? Use a little Vaseline and they should slide right in!
14. Make plucking your eyebrows easier by rubbing a little on the area to soften your skin.
15. Easily remove that sticky leftover glue from your false eyelashes with a touch of Vaseline.
16. Amp up your eye shadow or blush - turn them into creams by adding some Vaseline to the mix!
17. Take care of those cuticles: add a dab and rub in to keep them from drying out (especially during winter months!).
18. Have kissable lips! Use Vaseline as a balm, and even try adding some koolaid to make it a lip stain.
19. Easy makeup remover: dab Q-tips in some Vaseline to take off last night's make up, and be fresh faced and ready for the day!
We've all been there: you nick a pair of pantyhose, and it's only the second time you've worn them!
If you didn't manage to stop the run quickly enough by grabbing your clear nail polish, you might think this pair of tights is dunzo. Instead of throwing them away in your frustration, use them for something else.
We've found 22 amazing and unusual uses for old and ripped pantyhose and compiled them here. You might be surprised by everything those old tights are good for -- maybe you'll even go out and buy a few pairs solely for these purposes!
Click through the gallery to see why they're not just hosiery.
Photo Credit: Flickr/How can I recycle this