'Girlfriend Intervention': 24-year-old mother gets incredible makeover

'Girlfriend Intervention': 24-Year-Old Mother Gets Incredible Makeover
On Lifetime's "Girlfriend Intervention, Emily, a 24-year-old married mother of two got an amazing makeover.

"I look like a brunette barbie," she said.

Fans on Twitter were definitely feeling Emily's makeover too, saying she looks like a million bucks, one fan joking, "I see a third kid in Emily's future!"

As the Atlanta Black Star notes, the ladies also helped Emily prepare to enter the workforce, by getting her in some professional clothing to make her look more her age.

And get this... they also completely transformed Emily and her husband's family room, which nearly brought Emily to tears.

To catch more episodes of "Girlfriend Intervention" you can tune in Wednesday nights at 10/9c on Lifetime.

momminae September 04 2014 at 1:46 PM

I watched this episode last night (the first one I have been able to watch). All I can say is if there were four Caucasian women who spoke to a young African-American woman the way these ladies spoke to her, it would never make it on the air. I was horrified at the hateful tone they used. It would've been all over the news with riots and floggings if these roles had been reversed. I WON'T be watching anymore episodes of this program. Just for clarification, my 16 year old daughter asked me how this was even a television show (even she knew it was wrong and would never happen if the roles were opposite).

greenliks September 04 2014 at 4:28 PM

A little bondo and a new paint job can do wonders for alot of unkempt lazy women, just like al schrieb did to my old car.

Hello Beautiful greenliks September 04 2014 at 10:14 PM

THANK YOU! UNKEPT and LAZY is correct. Even if one does not have the $$ for new clothes, MAKE YOUR FACE ATTRACTIVE.

pwanless September 04 2014 at 1:42 PM

The most attractive thing about the new her is simply her wider smile.

Sandy September 04 2014 at 1:56 PM

We've got "to see to believe", eh? Well, then why can't we see more than the tiny clip that was showed of her? We saw plenty (too much) of the hosts of the show - I wanted to see all of what the article was about....not an add for the show!

barryaclarke September 04 2014 at 11:29 AM

I wonder how many guys will want to make her a "mother of three?"...........

Murray September 04 2014 at 6:46 PM

How "fugly" were the 3 stooges?

Daddy O September 04 2014 at 5:41 PM

She has something to work with. Some women need not bother.

Papa Bear September 05 2014 at 12:38 AM

They highlighted some things and used thier skills, but she was already very pretty. the thing is, is she pretty inside?

Marcie September 04 2014 at 1:50 PM

She looks beautiful. But how did they clear up her skin and make it a different color? All of these make overs seem to put women on spike heels, with curly hair that would take all morning to acheive. Eye make-up makes a huge difference.

pikahereandthere Marcie September 04 2014 at 6:54 PM

how did they clear up her skin and make it a different color?
um, it's called make up.

d1anaw September 04 2014 at 12:28 PM

I will say, that is one of he most striking makeovers I've seen. But will she keep it up?

smashingmonkey d1anaw September 04 2014 at 1:11 PM

It's sad if she will feel the need to "keep it up." She looked fine before, and it is a shame we tell women that it isn't okay to be comfortable and casual.

World Series