Joan Rivers no longer in intensive care

By RYAN GORMAN

Joan Rivers' condition may be improving.

The caustic comedienne has been moved from intensive care to a private room, daughter Melissa Rivers told AOL News through a spokesperson.

Reports Tuesday indicated the 81-year-old remained on life support after she stopped breathing during a throat operation last week at a Manhattan clinic. She has remained at Mount Sinai Hospital since.

The red carpet commentator and television host has also kept busy hosting "Fashion Police" on the E! network and as co-star of the WEtv reality show, "Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?"

The octogenarian also still tours the country as a standup comedienne.

Melissa Rivers said in an earlier statement that she knows her mother would be overwhelmed by the continuing outpouring of kindness.

Joan Rivers Out Of Intensive Care

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Related links:
Celebrities send thoughts and prayers to Joan Rivers
Joan Rivers in stable condition after breathing emergency during throat surgery

eaglephoenix2 September 02 2014 at 2:22 PM

Well, that's a sad situation. You expect a tough old bird like that to spit in the face of death at least a few times before he comes so close. Still hoping she pulls thru and has a miraculous recovery. It can happen, you know. Prayers are with the family and may God's will be that she comes back to give us some further laughs and outrages.

Lori September 02 2014 at 2:17 PM

I send Joan my very best and hope she can pull through this terrible time. My best wishes to the family. Hopefully she will be ok. She is a fighter.

sherise.landrey September 02 2014 at 7:13 PM

You know, AOL....I tried to like a comment, but now I'm going to make one of my own. My grandparents, in the 60's hated Joan Rivers, said she was mean spirited, and rude, and the older I grew, I never, ever saw her say anything nice...to anyone. DYING DOESN'T MAKE YOU A SAINT. It just makes you a mean spirited dead person who died from plastic surgery.

Flag +87 rate up
Lola September 02 2014 at 7:33 PM

I honestly feel no regret. If she recovered today, she'd be just as vicious and nasty as she was last week. Some people never learn.

teampalestine September 02 2014 at 2:22 PM

Poetic Justice

BRUCE September 02 2014 at 2:29 PM

Come on Joan....your humor is missed.

djdouellette@gmail.com September 02 2014 at 2:20 PM

My Hero! One in a million, the one and only "Joan Rivers" is in need of prayer. Please, children of the Book: offer up a hopeful and healing thought to which ever /Jehovah/God/Allah you pray to....

nyjudy44 September 02 2014 at 2:14 PM

so sorry to hear the news shes on life suport

bronbronco27 September 02 2014 at 2:46 PM

C'mon JOAN! Bathhouse Barry and the first Tranny have had it too easy being on vacation and spending all that taxpayer dough on pig lipstick, grey goose, Cristal champagne and caviar.

R September 02 2014 at 2:21 PM

We've known about the Life Support for at least two days. If you want up-to-date info, go to the NY Post Website or eonline.

Don't know why so much of this supposed news on so many issues is old news.