Rivers' daughter: 'Keeping our fingers crossed'

NEW YORK (AP) - Joan Rivers' loved ones said Sunday that they remain hopeful about her recovery three days after she went into cardiac arrest at a doctor's office.

"We are keeping our fingers crossed," her daughter, Melissa Rivers, said in a statement, thanking people who have expressed support for the 81-year-old comedian. Rivers on Friday described her mother's condition as serious.

Joan Rivers was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital on Thursday, a day after she spoke at an employee event at Time Inc. in New York. Spectators there said she had appeared to be well.

Rivers is the host of "Fashion Police" on E! and presides over an online talk show, "In Bed With Joan." She also co-stars with her daughter on the WEtv reality show "Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?"

Two of her "Fashion Police" co-stars tweeted their well-wishes to Joan Rivers and her family Saturday.

"Praying for Joan Rivers and Mel Rivers," Giuliana Rancic tweeted. "Even though Joan's the strongest woman I know, every single prayer counts. I love you, Joan."

"4 the first time in years I got down on my knees & prayed tonight!" Kelly Osbourne wrote. "I encourage U 2 do the same 4 Joan Rivers my grandma!"

See Joan throughout the years:

annampease09 August 31 2014 at 3:27 PM

Calling our president Gay, and his wife a transexual was crossing the line. I am sorry she is sick... but there should be a certain amount of respect for the presidency. To more conservative cultures, she made our country look weak.

Flag +99 rate up
dollie August 31 2014 at 3:16 PM

Many are keeping Joan in our prayers. She has a brand of humor unique and funny. I hope she recovers and is able to keep us laughing for a lot longer. It would be sad to see her go now.

user349842 August 31 2014 at 3:25 PM

Joan Rivers, such an obnoxious and self centered woman! I don't wish anyone any harm, but if she pulls through this I hope sle realizes she's not the center of the universe!!!

its.howdy.doody.time August 31 2014 at 3:20 PM

Always enjoyed her style of edgy humor.
I hope I can continue enjoying it...
Wishing you well with a full recovery.

Daniel Ahearn August 31 2014 at 3:19 PM

AOL/HuffPost tabloid journalism top screen on AOL news says. Latest on Joan Rivers cond. Then the article says hosp has no updates. When AOL looked for a news media to buy why did they pick Huff/Post? It's not news it's a tabloid.

Mike August 31 2014 at 3:12 PM

I bet it won't be long after she croaks that her husband comes out of hiding after faking his death to get away from her.

dangstrum August 31 2014 at 4:34 PM

She is a sick and twisted person. She deserves what she gets.LOL

texmexfm August 31 2014 at 3:07 PM

Crossing fingers DOES NOT work anymore than knocking on wood, but anyway. I know something that works really good, KEEP YOUR ASS out of an office where you're constantly trying to prevent yourself from aging. It is a part of life, deal with it and stop being so Carly Simon, I mean Vain.

blonde177783 August 31 2014 at 3:21 PM

texmexfm........Have some compassion. She is praying and doing all she knows to do....to make the right decisions.
I pray Joan will pull through this.

bronbronco27 August 31 2014 at 4:02 PM

I bet the tranny in chief won't even call Mellissa to wish her mother a speedy recovery. If she came out as a lesbian, maybe, but......