New mom reunited with good Samaritans who saved her life in Walmart

Mother Reunited with 2 People Who Saved Her Life in Florida Walmart

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -When Jenny Biemiller went to Walmart Monday August 19 to pick up cereal, she didn't think she would end up in the hospital.

Biemiller was 9 months pregnant and had a seizure and collapsed while at the Port St. Lucie West store. "All I remember is waking up in Tradition, in labor," said Biemiller.

Once Biemiller had her happy healthy little boy, Cooper, she wanted to find out who rushed to her side that day and saved her.

Biemiller reached out to WPBF 25 News and we track two women down.

Peggy Ashley was on shift at Walmart that night and Rhonda Goulet was a customer who went in to grab a gallon of milk.

"I just stayed with her making she kept breathing," said Goulet.

"We had called 911 and paramedics came out and took her to the hospital, it's awesome to see her," said Ashley.

Biemiller couldn't thank the two women enough. They were complete strangers who stopped to help she and her baby.

"It's absolutely overwhelming to me," said Biemiller.

"I had actually lost faith in people, I didn't really think there was a whole lot of great in the world anymore," said Biemiller. "I thank you so much for helping me and Cooper."

Cooper Jaylen Rodriguez was born August 19 weighing in at 7 pounds, 11oz and 21 inches long.

More to see:
Manatees may soon lose endangered species status
Suds, faith found at California laundromat
Abercrombie name to shrink from clothing
Huge ancient wine cellar found in Israel

Linda September 02 2014 at 6:32 AM

Biemiller reached out to WPBF 25 News and we track two women down.

"I just stayed with her making she kept breathing," said Goulet.

DO THE PEOPLE WHO WRITE THIS STUFF EVER PROOF READ WHAT THEY WRITE? I THINK NOT. HOW ABOUT WE "TRACKED" THE WOMEN DOWN AND HOW ABOUT WE STAYED WITH HER MAKING "SURE" SHE KEPT BREATHING? TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS ARTICLE...YOU'RE FIRED!! UGH.

robobdogs September 02 2014 at 6:59 AM

to help "her and her baby", not "she and,,,".

grgblnk1 robobdogs September 02 2014 at 7:47 AM

I knew exactely what she meant

Happy grgblnk1 September 02 2014 at 11:47 AM

Exactely, grgblnk1, that's exactely the point of the post.

Flag 0 rate up
david.konen robobdogs September 02 2014 at 9:16 AM

actually, "her and her baby" would be GRAMMATICALLY correct - consider if it'd said "helped her" AND "helped her baby" SEPARATELY. THIS is why "helped her and her baby" is correct.

MeritaBread david.konen September 02 2014 at 11:17 AM

The article says "helped SHE and her baby." Robobdogs corrected that particular grammar/composition error made by the writer of this article. Your comment would make sense as a stand alone comment, but not as a reply to robobdogs' comment. When "correcting" someone else, make sure you, yourself, are correct.

Flag +3 rate up
ducklakeman September 02 2014 at 7:01 AM

Funny how people, Oprah comes to mind, and the media, will, one day, celebrate the wonders about a 6,7,8,9 month old "baby", in the womb, when it serves the story, yet the next day, describe it as a "glob of tissue" and it surely can be aborted, no questions asked, no tears shed.
Oprah, once had a story on a woman who gave birth to a premature baby and how the "baby's survival was a miracle. Yet, the next week, Oprah had on her show a Hollywood actress, who told the story how she chose to have an abortion when she was younger. And Oprah chimed in, saying, "Sometimes in life we are faced with difficult choices"
So one week, it is a "miracle" and the next week, it is a "choice".
Pure selfishness. Pure murder.

MIkey September 02 2014 at 9:40 AM

Nice story, but for me the story became more of a grammatical mess. I am happy for her for her and her baby. I am sad for the writer who was in too big a hurry to edit this piece properly.

rmb56 MIkey September 02 2014 at 2:20 PM

No one writes "to help she and her baby" because he/she was in too big a hurry. That writer is just a dunce. I'm glad to see how many people remarked on this!

Lisa Bulik Johnson MIkey September 02 2014 at 4:18 PM

I agree!

liheartyoutoo September 02 2014 at 8:02 AM

This article needs A LOT of editing...

uriahheep7275 liheartyoutoo September 02 2014 at 11:31 AM

I think the newborn is actually who wrote the article.

leighpod September 02 2014 at 11:33 AM

I'm an optimist. I believe there are actually far more good people in the world than bad or negative-- it is just that the negative grab the headlines. We now have this crazy 24/7 news-- cable, Internet--- and so we are bombarded w/ negativity. I wish we'd see more stories like this one-- cuz they happen every day. And THIS is what needs to be talked about & celebrated.

intimagemd September 02 2014 at 8:50 AM

Note to editor: Get rid of the poor excuse for a journalist who attempted to share this story and then YOU may also start looking for a new job, because you're clearly a waste of oxygen too.

david.konen September 02 2014 at 9:13 AM

What a WONDERFUL story this is! If NO ONE had rushed to her, and given her ANY help of any kind, her seizure MIGHT have become a coma, and WHO knows what might have happened to Cooper.

A side note - I myself ALSO have epileptic seizures, and am glad I'm NOT working anymore, because when I was filling out applications, and had listed this, I think people singled me OUT for others.

tewdeeq david.konen September 02 2014 at 9:39 AM

People want to work but they are singled out and forced out of employment to be marginalized by the same hating hypocrites who trash people for having to live off of "entitlements" .

jvt1984 September 02 2014 at 10:41 AM

Third grade English here. They helped "her" and her baby. Why do people go out on a limb like that trying to sound sophisticated and proper and then make themselves look so uneducated? Check the education of the person who wrote this article and those who were supposed to be his/her teacher. And, no, I am not trying to be picky here. Simple and basic English rules should not be ignored. It makes all of you look bad. Proofread and don't be afraid to correct.

honeyrose3332 September 02 2014 at 9:04 AM

This woman said she had lost faith in people and didn't think there was too much great in the world anymore, yet she brought a child into it. Go figure.

d1anaw honeyrose3332 September 02 2014 at 9:28 AM

Probably baby daddy dumped her.

World Series