Man eats off subway floor after using new vacuum to clean it

By RYAN GORMAN

A vacuum cleaner company executive put his money where his mouth is -- by eating off the floor of a subway station.

Ravi Dalchand, a senior brand manager for Bissell Canada, vacuumed the floor of a Toronto Metro station before dumping pasta on it and eating in front of horrified onlookers.

A YouTube video of the stunt shows Marchand using the Symphony All-In-One Vacuum and Steam Mop to scrub the floor from a dirty shade of grey to a sparkling white.

At first, almost no one notices his exploits. Then he takes out a container of pasta and dramatically dumps it on the floor before tucking a napkin around his collar and kneeling down to eat his meal.

The revulsion sets in.

Jaws drop to the floor as he not only eats the pasta, but also mops up the remaining sauce with some pieces of Italian bread.

"Oh my god," shouts one woman.

"You're a sick dude," shouts a man.

Dalchand looks around at the clearly shaken crowd and nods with a satisfied grin on his face.

"I 100 percent stand behind this product," Dalchand says after his meal.

Bissell claims the vacuum kills 99.9 percent of all bacteria and germs.

Would you eat off the floor of a subway station?

More from AOL.com:
Passengers flee subway as man faints
NYC subway rat attacks straphanger, Josiah Ryan
'The Lion King' cast surprises New Yorkers on subway

Bob Wagner August 27 2014 at 9:55 AM

Isnt it about time execs step up to the plate ... or floor in this case ?

uriahheep7275 Bob Wagner August 27 2014 at 10:09 AM

I guess

darkcloudstonite August 27 2014 at 11:18 AM

If he really believed in his product , he should have done that in the men's room

tho1500 darkcloudstonite August 27 2014 at 12:45 PM

No...too few spectators-prospective-suckers.
I wonder how much he was paid to do that??...Good Lord, my stomach is heaving so bad!!!

allyndp August 27 2014 at 12:03 PM

I'm sure his ancesters and some of his current family members have eaten off more diverse surfaces. The use of steam as a cleaner probably cleans the surface cleaner than most of them are used to.

tho1500 allyndp August 27 2014 at 12:54 PM

I think you should have used the word "OUR" instead of 'him' and 'them'. Your statement would be 100% correct, then.

Sexy Sonia August 27 2014 at 9:52 AM

Ewwwwwww lol

Vicki Marquardt August 27 2014 at 1:28 PM

Disgusting to watch. I wouldn't take that kind of risk. No way.

oujoou August 27 2014 at 1:27 PM

The life of a vacuum salesman. :) Don't you have to be a bit odd to be one? We knew this guy from Electrolux for years. I kept telling my mom to try a Dyson . . . but she knew the guy at Electrolux. He's gone now. We still have an Electrolux. :( As for this guy eating on the subway floor . . . I think he needs to be overworked. Make him put in some overtime like every day. Some people. They use their imagination . . .THIS is what happens. :( We can't all be Stephen King. :)

l2d3b August 27 2014 at 1:25 PM

Gag. NBD, my dogs do it all the time.

calderasf August 27 2014 at 12:26 PM

Coming from the third world this is a step up for him

oujoou August 27 2014 at 11:24 AM

Hope he's single. :(

lichwala August 27 2014 at 11:17 AM

if he ain't subway crud he be eating some powerful disinfectant chemicals.... I don't which is worse

eric lichwala August 27 2014 at 12:51 PM

No, it's a steam cleaner. That floor was probably cleaner and more sanitary than the dishes after they are done in your dishwasher.

tho1500 lichwala August 27 2014 at 1:29 PM

The human body is naturally geared to fight off effects of microbe invasion, but not very caustic chemicals...so he would stand a better chance ingesting the bacteria.
If we could all see with the naked eye what chemicals and bacteria we injest by the second, I bet none of would want to be alive and breathing. (keeps us immunized to some degree, though) That said, I am not eating off any floors where boots from everywhere pound by the second. The things some of us do. I assisted a particular 'top proffessional' at an office some years ago, who met and greeted upwards of 13 clienteles. After the session, he just reached in his desk for his brown paper bag and pulled out his sandwich with his BARE fingers, and had his lunch. He did NOT wash or didinfect...I was right there throughout the operation. I was so appalled my sweat glands activated just thinking of what he might have ingested.

World Series