Our favorite beauty looks from the 2014 Emmys
Taylor's messy '60s-inspired updo stole the stage (or in this case, red carpet) last night.
Taylor's colorist, Kari Hill, noted that Taylor wanted her color to be bright. “Taylor’s specific request for bright blonde contrasting highlights was an easy complement to her realistic, approachable and sweet demeanor. Ultimately, her final color tone was inspired by her dress. When she showed me the design and color of the gown, I considered the most flattering tone to match her look, skin tone and red-carpet glamour.”
- This look is easy to re-create with a few beauty tools and a lot of hairspray. To start, work a little mousse into the roots of your hair, then blow-dry your hair straight to eliminate frizz. After blow-drying, pull your hair back into a low ponytail, keeping the volume at the crown. Twist your hair into a messy chignon, leaving a few pieces around the face. Then, use hairspray -- lots of it!
- Kate's textured bob was the perfect complement to her edgy J. Mendel dress. Hairstylist Mara Roszak worked her magic on Kate, saying, "Her hair was all about shape and texture; I cut it shorter, creating a choppy, slightly A-line look."
- Lena's makeup looked absolutely flawless. The 40-year-old stunner opted for a simple, natural look that we saw all over the red carpet.
Michelle's hair was one of our favorite looks of the night.
L'Oréal Paris expert hairstylist Mara Roszak explained why she decided on the updo. "Michelle wore a one-of-a-kind gown by a Brooklyn designer. I chose to highlight the classic ease of the dress by creating a beautiful, effortless bun parted in the middle for a cool, modern feel," said Mara.
- To get this look, section away the front of your hair –- in front of the ear, forward, and off on both sides. Then, pull the rest back into a low ponytail, securing tightly with an elastic and hairspray. Take one side of the front section at a time to the back, wrapping the ends around the ponytail elastic.
- Heidi looked gorgeous in this coral Zac Posen gown, and we couldn't stop looking at her clean, simple nude nails.
Zooey is known for having amazing (and over-the-top) manicures on the red carpet, and this year was no different, however; her nail artist, Tom Bachik, took a subtler approach.
"Zooey was sporting a super-hot pink dress, so I wanted to create a simple and classic look, playing up the tone-on-tone style. We wanted her nails to be clean and traditional, but with a fun, modern twist. I loved the idea of a reverse moon look on her. It’s architectural, straight and very sleek," described Tom.
- To get this look, use a simple pink polish as your base. Then, place electric pink nail art tape about three-fourths of the way down the nail in a horizontal line. Add topcoat and you're done!
Natural makeup was on parade with Lena Headey of 'Game of Thrones' leading the charge, sporting a stunning 'makeup-less' look that highlighted her incredible features. As far as hair goes, we saw plenty of loose waves both up and down the red carpet. Kate Mara's textured bob was major, while Taylor Schilling's messy updo had us copying her look this morning.
Click on the gallery above to see our favorite beauty looks from the 2014 Emmy Awards.