A look back at the best & worst dressed at the 2013 MTV VMAs
This year, MTV pulled out all the stops for their annual Video Music Awards and we must admit we weren't disappointed! The music industry's biggest stars were out in Brooklyn, NY to celebrate the biggest video's of the year in style.
- Nicole Polizzi, otherwise known as Snooki, looked a little dated in an embellished halter dress with criss-cross strap detailing.
- Ariana looked pretty in this short flirty floral print dress by Kenley Collins.
- Katy Perry, we love you, but we're just not feeling this leopard print, turtle-neck, high-slit Ungaro dress. It's a lot.
- Erin Wasson looks gorgeous as always, but this completely sheer look leaves little to the imagination.
- We think Ellie Goulding looked kinda fabulous on the red carpet in this spiked, high-slit number.
- Grimes looked a little too unkempt for the red carpet in a pair of baggy printed pants.
- Jennifer Farley, aka J Woww, apparently went dress shopping with Snooki. It didn't turn out well.
- Coco Rocha looked pretty fierce in this jacket by Fausto Puglisi.
- Ciara looked absolutely gorgeous in an embellished, feathered dress by Givenchy Couture.
- We think we're seeing a trend here with the sequins and feathers. Either way, Rita Ora looked amazing in this Alexandre Vauthier Couture look.
- Again with the sheer?! Even with Iggy Azalea (in Emilio Pucci), we're not sold.
- In style news tonight, rapper 2 Chainz is wearing the same pants as female singer Grimes. While we may or may not be a little more partial to 2 Chainz's look, that Versace print still isn't doing anything for us.
- Melanie Iglesias looked fabulous in a plunging purple halter gown.
- Lady Gaga's all-black Prabal Gurung dress looked a little too much like a, well....a garbage bag.
- Can the members of One Direction ever really go wrong?
- Selena Gomez looked sleek in Atelier Versace.
- Oh, Lil' Kim...we wouldn't expect anything less.
- Paula Patton's Lever Couture dress was a little too wild and wacky.
- Coco Jones was all prints and sequins on the red carpet, but the whole look has just a little too much going on.
- During a night of some seriously crazy outfits, it's refreshing to see Kendrick Lamar in a gray tee and jeans.
- Taylor Swift looks amazing in this navy Herve Leger dress, but we're not totally sure we love her hair and makeup.
- Shailene Woodley's Emilio Pucci skirt is one of our favorite looks of the night.
- Allison Williams looked pretty in a Valentino lace mini dress.
- Crystal Reed looked gorgeous in a red peplum Zac Posen gown.
- We're kind of obsessed with this Naheem Khan creation on Holland Roden.
- Naya Rivera stunned in a long-sleeve black dress with cutouts.
- We're not really sure what's going on with Willow and Jaden Smith, but their red carpet looks are just not doing it for us.
- There's no denying Jennifer Hudson looks amazing right now, but we're not sold on houndstooth (even Christian Dior houndstooth) for the red carpet.
Selena Gomez looked stunning in a form fitting blue Versace gown, while BFF Taylor Swift missed the mark on hair and makeup, but looked amazing in an Herve Leger floor length gown. As expected, there were a few fashion misses including a pair of dueling Versace menswear pants on Grimes and 2 Chainz, Lil Kim in a TIGHT leather look, and Katy Perry in a Ungaro leopard dress with a sky-high slit.
Click through the gallery to see all the weird, wacky, and wild celebrity style from the 2013 MTV VMAs!