A look back: The best and worst dressed from the 2013 Emmy Awards
The 2013 Primetime Emmy Awards on Sunday, September 22 brought television's hottest stars to the red carpet.
- Prints are hard to pull off on the red carpet, but Lena Dunham nailed it in this floral Prada dress.
- We're just not really sure where to begin with Mayim Bialik's emerald green concoction.
- Kerry Washington looked pretty and ethereal in Marchesa.
- Cat Deeley's look is more So You Think You Can Dance? than Emmys red carpet.
- Allison Williams kept things simple and chic in a cobalt Ralph Lauren strapless gown.
- There was a lot going on with Aubrey Plaza's Marios Schwab dress. The bejeweled neckline isn't really doing anything for us either.
- Jessica Pare stunned in a deep turquoise blue Oscar de la Renta gown.
- Connie Britton's hair looks amazing as usual, but velvet and brocade feel a little too heavy and ornate for the red carpet.
- Emily Deschanel's lace dress looks a little more like heavy drapes than a red carpet stunner.
- We love Jenny Packham and we love Julianne Hough, but we wish this dress wasn't so sheer!
- Amanda Peet's high-neck, sheer dress looks frumpy and ill-fitting.
- Kiernan Shipka can do no wrong, and the 13-year-old seriously rocked it in a floral Delpozo dress.
- Yikes! What is Vera Farmiga hiding under that ginormous skirt?
- We're kind of obsessed with the gorgeous print on Zosia Mamet's custom Honor dress.
- As usual, Claire Danes killed it in an Armani dress. The only thing we're not sure about is that faux bob.
- Michelle Dockery's color-blocked Prada gown is simple and sophisticated.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss stunned in an embellished Monique Lhuillier column dress.
- Kate Mara's J. Mendel look is white hot.
- Morena Baccarin's Alexander McQueen is not your average maternity wear.
- Heidi Klum can usually do no wrong in our book, but this sequined neckline just isn't doing it for us.
- This Naeem Khan dress on Laura Dern is beyond gorgeous.
- Carrie Underwood looks ready for the prom -- not the Emmys!
- Emilia Clarke looked gorgeous in this Donna Karan Atelier.
- Wait, Paula Abdul, what? There's definitely such thing as too much metallic.
While our usual favorites like Kerry Washington, Claire Danes, and Michelle Dockery all stunned, there were some surprises too -- Lena Dunham made our best dressed list for the first time in a floral print Prada.
Simple and chic was definitely a trend, with stars like Allison Williams and Jessica Pare wearing sleek, minimal gowns in bold hues.
Another trend we spotted right away was sheer, but as you can guess, that one didn't pan out quite so well.
Click through the gallery to see the best and worst dressed on the Emmys red carpet!