Messy braids are fall's hottest hair trend
So, we have a very important public service announcement to share: We're predicting right now that fall's hottest hair trend will be the messy braid. We know we kind of hinted at this last week, when we featured Nina Dobrev's enviable, sexy/messy Teen Choice Awards braid, but it appears as if the look has caught fire within the past few days, and there doesn't seem to be any sign of it shopping. We're totally OK with that, though -- the messy braid is super-easy to pull off, and looks great on pretty much everyone. Sarah Hyland rocked the messy braid at an Emmys Week celebration in Los Angeles last night, and we love how it toned down her blazer-and-heels combo.
- Kate Beckinsale's twist-y bun at the 2014 LACMA Art + Film Gala.
- Emma Stone attends the premiere of 'Birdman' during the New York Film Festival.
- Selena Gomez rocked a sleek bun at the 'Rudderless' premiere in Los Angeles.
- We're calling it now -- the middle-parted bob, like this one on Rose Byrne, is the going to be the hottest hair look of the season.
- Chloe Grace Moretz's swept-up, no frills bun at the Toronto International Film Festival this week.
- Gwen Stefani's straight and sleek midi bob at the Emmy Awards.
- Nina Dobrev's messy braid at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards.
- Julianne Hough arrives at the Los Angeles Premiere 'Let's Be Cops', sporting a platinum pixie bob.
- Jessica Alba's deep side part during the press tour for her new movie, 'Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For', during Comic-Con.
- Kate Bosworth's gorgeous braided updo at the Style Thief app launch at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles.
- Diane Kruger's double braid situation at the red carpet premiere of "The Bridge".
- Olivia Wilde at a movie premiere in NYC.
- Alessandra Ambrosio rocks a ponytail underneath her Panama hat at an amusement park in Los Angeles.
- Jennifer Lawrence stepped out in NYC with a grown-out pixie cut.
- Katie Holmes out and about in NYC -- with bangs!
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge shows off her ponytail during the royal tour in New Zealand.
- Kate Upton sports a sexy, voluminous updo at the UK Gala premiere of 'The Other Woman' in London.
- Nina Dobrev sports a hair bow at the 2014 PaleyFest.
- Emma Stone goes red again at The Amazing Spider-Man 2 photo call in Sydney, Australia.
With stars like Shay Mitchell, Sarah Hyland, and Nina Dobrev rocking the messy braid on the red carpet this summer, it seems like formal updos could be on their way out. Now, that's a trend we can get behind. Click through the gallery for more celebrity hair looks we love.