Chicago boy, 9, gunned down execution-style after tantrum over cupcake

By RYAN GORMAN

A nine-year-old Chicago boy was executed in a back yard in broad daylight after he ran outside upset because he could not have a cupcake.

Antonio Smith was shot multiple times in the chest Wednesday afternoon around 4:30 p.m. outside his South Side apartment building, according to police. His killer still has not been found.

The young boy became enraged when his mother had earlier told him he could not have the treat, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

He ran outside without shoes on. His mother could not find him. Twenty minutes later the police were knocking on her door.

"He got mad because I didn't give him what he wanted," devastated mother Brandi Murry, 34, told the paper.

"My baby, he was a good kid. He was a mama's boy. He stayed up under me. He called me every day. I'm at work, 'Mama, I love you. Mama, can I have this. Mama, can I have that,'" she told WLS. "My boy, he was just an angel."

That angel was taken away from her and stepfather Kawada Hodges.

"I love my city, but the city took something from me that I love even more. And that was my son. That was my little guy right there," Hodges told the station.

"We called the police," Murry told WLS. "I said, 'I want to report him missing.' Maybe five minutes later, the police came to the house.

"They asked me to show a picture of him. Once I did that, they told me to come to the hospital."

Smith was rushed to the hospital with bullet wounds to his chest, arms and hands. One of the bullets struck his heart, Murry told WLS.

He was pronounced dead an hour later, two weeks before he was to start fourth grade.

"We just got him a football. We just put him in football," Hodges continued. "Nine years old. You took that. You all see that? You all hurt me."

Police admittedly have no leads. A $13,000 reward is being offered to find the boy's killer.

Nicknamed Duke and hamburger, after his love of the food, Smith loved dancing to Chris Brown songs, his mother told the paper.

He also loved telling jokes, she said.

"All he did was joke and laugh and play."

Related links:
St. Louis police identify the black male shot dead by cops only miles from Ferguson
Report: Michael Brown had marijuana in his system when he was fatally shot

Janie August 22 2014 at 8:13 PM

Sharpton...Jackson...Obama....Holder...

...anyone???

Black on black... >crickets<
Black on white... >crickets<

White on black... >Ferguson<

Yes, equality is a wonderful thing!

rclout100 August 22 2014 at 7:49 PM

Where are the protests to get thugs and gangbangers out of the neighborhood?

dheybulldog August 22 2014 at 7:50 PM

Poor Kid, Bless his little soul!

gdmn2find August 22 2014 at 8:03 PM

Here we have a truly innocent young boy who was brutally executed by an unknown assailant. Where are Jessie, Al, Holder, the Messiah and the rest of the race baiters now? You have a real problem in Chicago with black on black violence. But your buddy Rahm has things under control here doesn't he? At least he is free from the comments you make about other political leaders facing the same problems Ole Rahm a lama ding dong is facing. F'ing hypocrites.

marinesnake@aol. August 22 2014 at 8:00 PM

where Jessie Jackson ans Rev sharpen why they not there oh it ok black kill black its ok but if white kill black it big demonstration asking for justice what a joke it dont matter what color you are a kill its a kill we are bleed red

charles000 August 22 2014 at 7:59 PM

I don't see Sharpton & Jackson swarming in to this scenario . . . gee, I wonder why that might be???

wnstnrace1 August 22 2014 at 7:56 PM

Where's Holder & Jackson & Sharption and the rest of those pompous, loudmouthed, criminal windbags???

Chicago, home of Obammy, Holdup & that other shitbag who is mayor, Rhamadummy. Chicago, murder capital of the country....way ta' go you ignorant clowns! Your total lack of getting tough on crime got this little guy killed. Well done!! Play another round of golf at the taxpayers expense!

bubbreed August 22 2014 at 7:56 PM

Al, Jessie, new black panthers, Obama were the hell are you guys?

wirenuts2 August 22 2014 at 8:01 PM

where is rev al now ? to all you blacks and liberals, why aren't you in Chicago, La , Detroit ,nyc stopping this black on black crime , it doesn't matter that's why .only when a white is involved do you care ,which shows your lack of caring ,what a bunch of no good pos you all are

toloro77 August 22 2014 at 10:15 PM

Black leaders to issue a statement as follows:

If the killer is non black, we will protest