Bride brings wedding to father with Alzheimer's

Bride Brings Wedding To Father With Alzheimer's

When it comes to weddings, choosing the right venue is a big priority -- but for one Michigan woman, the only thing that mattered was the guest list.

In this photo from The Toledo Blade, Miriam Reeves tied the knot with Mark Davis. It's a little hard to tell, but they aren't at a church. Instead, they decided to wed at a care center for people with Alzheimer's in Ohio.

They originally planned to have the ceremony at a church but when Miriam's father was diagnosed with the Alzheimer's, those plans changed.

The family was worried about what might happen if he left his nursing home to attend her wedding, so Miriam decided to take her big day to him.

She told The Blade, "My dad has been my hero my entire life and I know that if he was well, he would be at my wedding front and center. And I thought, 'Why not move it there and it would be more of a special event.'"

Miriam was the last of six kids to get married and her mother says it means a lot that her father was able to be a part of it despite his ailment.

Also on AOL:
Wave 'crashes' wedding photos, coolest couple ever stays in the ocean
Couple loses 300 pounds total, get engaged on live TV
Bride's 'reasons you're not invited' list goes viral

bigshadyobama August 21 2014 at 12:51 AM

IF LOOTING STARTS...COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE MAP QUEST ME DIRECTIONS BECAUSE...I REALLY NEED SOME NEW RIMS FO ME RIDE...

mistykay13 August 20 2014 at 5:50 PM

So nice to see a bride wiy the right values! The wedding should NEVER be about the venue, the expensive reception, the guests & that nonsense. It is about being with the people you LOVE MOST on that wonderful day in your life. Kuddos to that young couple. Their marriage should last a lifetime - they already know what makes life worth living!

bjsmissy August 20 2014 at 8:26 PM

What a wonderful daughter and story. God Bless them.

hercurleywig August 20 2014 at 4:39 PM

What a touching story with a breath of fresh air!

Aissa2 August 20 2014 at 8:48 PM

I am 55 years old. Without question, I feel the same about my father. He is not my biological father, but to me, he is my Daddy. I would not hesitate to want him a the wedding, walking me down the aisle. I agree so much with the bride. A beloved and true father deserves nothing less. What a wonderful and touching story to remind we who have had Daddys how special they are to us.

tucville2002 August 21 2014 at 3:41 AM

That was indeed very sweet and blessed.
May she enjoy everlasting and happy marriage life, and that she will never beg her bread.
All praise and thanks be unto Almighty God.
Peace
True Faith Minister

margaret August 20 2014 at 10:29 PM

That is wonderful !! God bless her !!