15 times celebrities looked amazing in Chanel on the red carpet
- Blake Lively at the 'Mr Turner' Premiere at the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival.
- Alexa Chung at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party in London.
- Chloe Grace Moretz at the 'Clouds Of Sils Maria' Premiere at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival.
- Lily Aldridge at the 9th annual Chanel Artists Dinner during the 2014 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Emma Stone at the 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise Of Electro' premiere in Berlin.
- Naomie Harris at the Chanel and Charles Finch pre-Oscar dinner in Los Angeles.
- Emilia Clarke at the Chanel and Charles Finch pre-Oscar dinner.
- Jessica Biel at the the Museum of Modern Art 2013 Film benefit in New York City.
- Jennifer Aniston receiving her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Rachel Bilson attends the 2013 Chanel Dinner For NRDC 'A Celebration Of Art, Nature And Technology' in Los Angeles.
- Rihanna making a January 2014 appearance on 'Good Morning America', wearing a classic Chanel tweed suit.
- Keira Knightley at The Serpentine Gallery summer party in London.
- Cara Delevingne attends 'The Search' premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival.
- Emma Watson at the premiere of 'The Bling Ring' in Los Angeles.
- Diane Kruger at 'The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden' premiere during the 64th Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin.
Happy 131st birthday, Coco Chanel! In honor of the French fashion designer and founder of the eponymous fashion house, today we're looking back on some of our absolute favorite Chanel red carpet looks. Celebrities like Blake Lively, Keira Knightley, and Diane Kruger have always been fans, but after looking through the many, many pictures of gorgeous Chanel dresses, it's safe to say most actresses have had their day wearing a design from the storied fashion house.
Known for her iconic tweed suits and classic little black dresses, Coco Chanel has created quite the legacy, now helmed by Karl Lagerfeld. It's probably no coincidence that some of our favorite Chanel designs in recent years are also some of the most unique we've seen on the red carpet. It's pretty rare to spot a Chanel dress without gorgeous embellishments and details.
From Blake Lively's Cannes stunner, to Rihanna's orange tweed suit, here are 15 of our favorite Chanel looks from the past year or so. Click through the gallery to see them all.