'Extreme Weight Loss': First ever little person client breaks record!

'Extreme Weight Loss': First Ever Little Person Client Breaks Record!

On "Extreme Weight Loss" Chris Powell took on his first ever little person client named Sara, a 39-year-old from Kentucky who was approximately 150 pounds overweight.

As ET notes, Sara has short-limb dwarfism and has been bullied her whole life her so-called friends and even her own sister. Luckily though, she wrote into Chris Powell, who helped her make the transformation of a lifetime.

CHRIS: "Yeah!"

Sara started her journey at a whopping 245 pounds and lost a total of 136 pounds, bringing her final weight to 109 pounds.

As Heavy.com notes, Sara lost the highest percentage of weight ever at any stage in the history of the show. The four foot four inch tall health department employee also pushed herself complete a full marathon.

Chris Powell said Sara running a full marathon was comparable to an average sized person running two marathons, but amazingly, Sara was able to push through the pain and complete the 26.2 mile race. Go Sara!

To catch more episodes of "Extreme Weight Loss" you can tune into ABC Tuesdays nights at 8/7c.

Related:
Workout Routines
Healthy Recipes
Extreme Weight Loss Stories
How to Get A Flat Stomach
Best Shoes for Your Workout
Soul Cycle

Bonnie Blody August 13 2014 at 8:45 AM

What an amazing and inspirational story last night's episode was one of the most touching yet! Sara you rock!!!

jsimancas Bonnie Blody August 13 2014 at 12:47 PM

EATING A LOT IS AN ADDICTION, LIKE , SMOKING A LOT , DRINKING A LOT , IF YOU EAT 3 SMALL MEALS YOU LOOSE 60 POUNDS IN 2 MONTH , I DID THAT I JUST TO BE 240 POUNDS NOW I AM 160 POUNDS

Jan Swanson August 13 2014 at 10:22 AM

skurai12 you state "So.... it was good she was bullied" no one deserves to be bullied. Don't you read the news. This could of been tragic.

skurai12 Jan Swanson August 13 2014 at 11:30 AM

Better for her to keep over eating and sitting at a very unhealthy weight? Right. I'm sure she feels a lot better with herself now, and I highly doubt she would have lost the weight if people sat around her and going "Yes, you're just fine being obese. Good for you. Be proud of being fat."

Here's a tip. Being fat is not a good thing. Its bad for your body, its bad for your health. The only good of being fat is if you want to die young from a preventable heart attack.

shar August 13 2014 at 4:46 PM

The fact that she lost the weight and found a passion for running was wonderful... But long before she gained the weight her own sister made fun of her because she was "Short" AND Why didn't her parents step in and stop her older sister? She is 4' 5" tall... something she cannot change... Also her older sister is "FAT" and still lashes out about her sisters "Height"??? This bothered me... BUT I am happy to see she followed her dream and found people outside her family who care about her.

quaker416 shar August 14 2014 at 1:02 PM

My daughter was short and never did her brother or sister make fun of her. They were taught to love no matter what a per son looked like..

dwtomczyk August 13 2014 at 10:51 AM

it's simple. eat more you gain weight. eat less you loose weight.

CreativeKimberly August 13 2014 at 11:13 AM

You go girl! I applaud you! I had a sister just like that growing up. I was an overweight teenager and she thought she would get married before me because of looks. Now at 45 and 2 kids later I am maintaining my weight and have a wonderful handsome husband who is a real blessing! She is not married and is bigger than I was.

zap.rowsdower August 13 2014 at 9:32 AM

She is hot, now. I'll spank it to her now!!

Dan P August 13 2014 at 10:52 AM

If bullying got her to lose the weight good for the bullies. People who tell fat people it's OK to be fat are not doing them any favors. A fat person can lose weight and be healthy it just takes effort, it may not be easy for them and sometimes they need to be pressured into making a hard choice. Be there friend and bully them until they follow Sara's path to good health.

louipow August 13 2014 at 10:41 AM

My heart went out to her because of all of the challenges she faced in her life. People can be so cruel, never taking the time to ask how they would feel to walk in someone else's shoes. Sara, you rock!

Richard August 13 2014 at 11:40 AM

Congratulations, you stand taller than anyone that ridiculed you.

determineddiane August 13 2014 at 10:58 AM

What a women! Great smile,too!

World Series